Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Brother Love
























If I could capture one moment this year forever it would be the time when my 9 month old grandson reached out his hand for his 4 year brother. I was squished in the back seat with them when Elijah deliberately reached out to his brother, Noah. I expected Noah to ignore it, but Noah gently reached back and for half a minute they looked at each other and held hands. I had no idea that children this young connected.

Elijah follows his big brother with his eyes as if to say, "wow, that's my hero and I want to be just like him some day." He has a look for Noah that's different than for any other person. And Noah returns the look and the adoration. Noah lays there while Elijah pulls his hair because he doesn't know not to yet. Noah runs up and gives him kisses.

It's a tribute to mom and dad that the brothers already love each other and there's no jealousy.

No comments: